The Anime world is full of wondrous things and beautiful creations. This gallery is mainly filled with pretty girls and intriguing creatures.
Welcome to round 4 of Crit Night on Sammacha.com
I really think that I have learnt quite a bit this time around. Thank you so much to my participants for making this possible.
Please click on the image to read the critique written by our lovely artists.
Ok guys I will be at Vancoufur 2015. Hoping to get an artist Alley table were you can get a some quick commissions or some merchandise. Since this is a furry con most of the artwork will be themed as such, though commissions of all kinds will be available. Though if you arent interested in that type of crowd I doubt you would go lol.
(thats like hating anime and going to Anime north! just why?)
so you’ll find me there in a sparkling black and gold dress.
come by and visit!
Pics to be posted!
This was done as another Trade with FF-Boy
This is a picture of FF-Boy’s OC Dyraun and my OC Sammacha.
I did a sketch on paper and I really liked it, so I tried to finish it.
In the end, I used so many sheets and it ended up being the size of a poster!
I stuck them together on my computer and re-did it 12 times! this final image is lucky #13!
For some reason I just couldn’t get it how I wanted.
I know how much she likes duo-tone ( she puts out duotonic, and its very cool)
I used most of the accessories that dyruan usually has
(bandages, barbed wire, piercings, safety pins, and silver chains everywhere)
I also put in some blood because it really does go well!
FF-boy:THANK YOU!! ^_^
You’ve done a hard work and it came out great. I really, really love it (and feel a bit unworthy for this o_o )
Really love the atmosphere and color scheme here; red and black, that’s so cool! xD
And your character is so pretty with black. ;P
Thank you again, and again, for doing the trade with me. *hug*
Ps. Isn’t he a pain to draw, my Dyraun? lol I sometimes have the same problem, even though he’s my creation. o_o
This is the picture that FF-boy did in exchange:
I really love the picture that FF-boy drew for me, and the costume design is really cool too!!
FF-boy is an awesome artist.
So…Way back 2010 I drew this
A lot of people really liked this picture so I decided to draw some more with the 1,2,3.
I was surprised as it’s not really my best work, but I do like the colors and the idea!
It was as if you were holding a camera and told them 1 word or gave them 1 thing. How would they react?
I find them fun to do, and hey, who doesn’t enjoy fan art?
I am even considering doing a 4,5,6 (Gen 2) and a 7,8,9 (Gen 3). But that will be at a later time.
However, that would defiantly be the end of it, as double digits don’t sound as fun and I really don’t like the group of starter Pokemon after Gen 3. Actually there are a lot of Pokemon I hate from those generations… so I wont be drawing any of them grouped. At least not of my own free will.
Basically that’s all the 1,2,3 series is about, I hope to be doing more them soon.
For now, this is what I got.
Find more far art here http://www.sammacha.com/gallery/fanart.html
Cool Art, Prints, Commissions and More! – www.sammacha.com
Commission info http://www.sammacha.com/commissions.html
So 2014 is here and whats new?
I have no idea! At least not about whats new. I know that this year I am going to be finishing some fan art, actually I hope to finish a lot of it. I have a ton of WIPS that where just ideas I never finished set aside in my “Do it later” pile. That pile is huge….
Thankfully, I’ve already started on this by finishing my blue pansy butterfly and my cute walking renamon. I know, I know, the blue pansy is not fan art but it at least helps put a notch in my “do it later” pile.
I am quite happy with the way they both turned out. I think that this paper has worked out well with the rich and vibrant pencil crayons. Great practice for my blending. I will be sure to do this more often. This year I will probably be taking more of a break form Digital art though I am still going to be using it from time to time.
Hmm Scenery would be another good thing to work on…
the list goes on and on, anyways.
this year you can expect to see more fan art and more traditional artwork being posted on my site.
Or you can contact me by E-mail: SamanthaLim@Sammacha.com
This outta keep me busy in between my job hunt. Until Next time
Almost anyone can join. I am open to people of all skill levels submitting their art work for constructive criticism.
*If you would like to receive critique on your work you MUST be willing to critique the work of another person ON TIME!
You Must Read The Rules
to participate, please contact me at SamanthaLim@sammacha.com by the deadline stated on the schedule
This is not for people who do photo-manipulations, photography, sewing, creative writing, crafts or 3D art.
Pictures do not need to be complete. Sometimes it is very valuable to receive critique on a picture before it is finished. this helps you to improve the overall finished project. However it must be clean ( not a ton of messy scribbles) so we can see what you are trying to create. Its no use asking someone to critique a picture if they aren’t sure what you are trying to accomplish. Submit something worth while.
Don’t forget you can request Critique on a certain part of your drawing in particular.
- Post your own artwork. The reason for Crit night is not to see who is the best artist on the page, its to get an insight to how you can improve. DO NOT post artwork that is not your own. DO NOT post tracings or copies of other peoples work. we are looking for YOUR original artwork.I will accept fan art but it must not be a simple copy of another piece, that would be copyright infringement. Using a reference picture is ok.
- Quality Pictures. Please submit quality pictures. This means using a scanner or taking quality photos or your artwork. We want to be able to actually see your artwork!
- Water Marks. I myself use a water mark on my artwork and I understand its purpose completely. When you apply a watermark to your artwork please do it in a way which does not obstruct or distort the image (make the watermark fairly transparent).
- Permissions. Keep in mind that this is a PUBLIC BLOG. the public will be able to view all the images which you are allowing me to post for crit night. Please don’t submit things which are personal or contain personal information. By adding them to crit night you are allowing me to post them on my website and or blog for the purposes of Crit night (promotion, examples etc.)
- Sexual images and Pornography. Again, this is open to people of all skill levels and various ages. I understand nudity and sexual images but please submit what you would deem “tasteful.” To put it short and simple no hard core porn please! if your not sure please ask.
- Violence. Yet Again, this is open to people of all skill levels and various ages. Please no horribly graphic violent images.
- Offensive Images. No Overly offensive images such as very racist, religious or political images. Light humor and stereotypes are allowed.
Bird’s and scenery are my main focus right now.
I’ve mainly been sketching birds from photos but I will be doing some from real birds and stuffed specimens. That should be fun and interesting, but, not sure if they will be post worthy.
As for the scenery well I’ve been playing around with my old friend acrylic paint. Until recently I hadn’t touched it for ages but I would really like to pick it up again. As the weather starts getting cold and wet I will probably be able to complete some new pictures for show. The only problem I find with the paintings is that its hard to capture it in a photo and its far to big for a scanner, like you see here.
I would also like to do a few more pieces of fan art this year and I have an incomplete image to add to my 1,2,3 pokemon fan art collection. Now if your not sure what that is, it all stared with this picture.
I’m sure you get the idea 😉