Almost anyone can join. I am open to people of all skill levels submitting their art work for constructive criticism.
*If you would like to receive critique on your work you MUST be willing to critique the work of another person ON TIME!
You Must Read The Rules
to participate, please contact me at SamanthaLim@sammacha.com by the deadline stated on the schedule
If you just want to drop a comment feel free!
This is open to people who draw, sketch or paint digitally or traditionally. All styles are welcome.
This is not for people who do photo-manipulations, photography, sewing, creative writing, crafts or 3D art.
Pictures do not need to be complete. Sometimes it is very valuable to receive critique on a picture before it is finished. this helps you to improve the overall finished project. However it must be clean ( not a ton of messy scribbles) so we can see what you are trying to create. Its no use asking someone to critique a picture if they aren’t sure what you are trying to accomplish. Submit something worth while.
Don’t forget you can request Critique on a certain part of your drawing in particular.
- Post your own artwork. The reason for Crit night is not to see who is the best artist on the page, its to get an insight to how you can improve. DO NOT post artwork that is not your own. DO NOT post tracings or copies of other peoples work. we are looking for YOUR original artwork.I will accept fan art but it must not be a simple copy of another piece, that would be copyright infringement. Using a reference picture is ok.
- Quality Pictures. Please submit quality pictures. This means using a scanner or taking quality photos or your artwork. We want to be able to actually see your artwork!
- Water Marks. I myself use a water mark on my artwork and I understand its purpose completely. When you apply a watermark to your artwork please do it in a way which does not obstruct or distort the image (make the watermark fairly transparent).
- Permissions. Keep in mind that this is a PUBLIC BLOG. the public will be able to view all the images which you are allowing me to post for crit night. Please don’t submit things which are personal or contain personal information. By adding them to crit night you are allowing me to post them on my website and or blog for the purposes of Crit night (promotion, examples etc.)
- Sexual images and Pornography. Again, this is open to people of all skill levels and various ages. I understand nudity and sexual images but please submit what you would deem “tasteful.” To put it short and simple no hard core porn please! if your not sure please ask.
- Violence. Yet Again, this is open to people of all skill levels and various ages. Please no horribly graphic violent images.
- Offensive Images. No Overly offensive images such as very racist, religious or political images. Light humor and stereotypes are allowed.
Just thought i would share to you this great place that I found! Its really useful for people of all levels to start and improve on their figure drawings and gestures.
I actually found it ages ago and forgot, then my friend ForthSanity re-introduced me to it.
its got some great tips on anatomy color and just drawing in general.
I’ve been trying to use it a bit more but really haven’t had a chance to really try it out. I think it could really help anyone improve their art.
Figure drawing is very important. It allows you to improve your observation skills. your proportions and shading will also greatly improve making your image really come to life. By studying the different details of each subject you can learn to distinguish between two of the same subjects more easily. Everything is unique and no 2 things should be the same!
So if your interested in improving your figure drawing skills be it human or animal this site would be a great place to visit.
Let’s get sketching!
Every once in a while I find the time to make a new tutorial.
All of them can be found on the tutorial section of my website
There are different types of tutorials available. there are written and video tutorials. Both instructional and observatory.
These are my favorite tutorials so far:
Shading the Changeable Hawk-Eagle
Instructional Video: How to Draw Long Hair and Bangs (Anime and Manga Style)